May 17, 2012
We are getting so excited! Since Wacky participants will need to pick up their bib numbers in Ogden on Friday, we decided it would be more convenient if you wanted to purchase a WACKY running shirt to pick one up at the Fun & Fitness Expo where Wacky Warriors has a booth (indoor expo area – opposite end of the Packet Pickup and Registration). THERE WILL BE NO DINNER AT THE BROWER HOUSE FRIDAY NIGHT. We will be at the booth Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and will also have a tent set up at the finish line Saturday morning serving peanut butter sandwiches.
Please feel free to call me at 801-554-5505 if you should have any questions. Thank you so much and we’ll see you soon!
Below is some critical information regarding the race:
Expo parking, family reunion, 5K registration closing
and critical timeline.
Race week is here and we are super excited to see you all at the NordicTrack Fun and Fitness Expo on Friday! We have a few details to outline for you and we will also include a critical timeline in this email.
First, if you registered multiple people and only used one email address, this email will only reach one of those people. Please share this email and the links with others that you think may benefit from reading this.
There is plenty of parking in Ogden and you will be able to find parking within a reasonable walking distance fairly easily. The South Lot of the Union Station is not available for Expo Parking. Please review this map
to plan your spot! Don’t forget, the Expo is at the Union Station from 10:00 until 8:00.
FAMILY REUNION AREA ON RACE DAY: Pick a color! Red, Blue, Green or Yellow?? Your family members can easily find you at a designated area after your race is over. All you need to do is tell them what color you’ll be at after the race (and an approximate time). Family Reunion Color locations will be in the finish line park area and will be clearly marked with lots of big balloons! Just meet your family at whatever color you want…it’s up to you!
There are only a few spots left for the 5K! Online registration
closes for the 5K Wednesday Night. Registration for the 5K will be available at the Expo if spots are still open.
RELAY TEAM INFO: Relay teams will receive ONE timing device to be worn on your ankle. Team members will need to make sure that this timing device is passed from runner to runner at the transition areas. No Device = No Time. Please ensure that the timing piece is in the hands of the runner who is assigned to Relay Leg 1 (Start). The assignment of relay legs is entirely up to your team and does not need to be reported to the race. Splits will be recorded as Team Time Splits and not individually.
CRITICAL TIMELINE AND LOCATIONS:
- EXPO AND PACKET PICK UP – Friday, May 18th – Union Station – 10:00 am until 8:00 pm. This is your only chance to pick up your race packet.
- BUS LOADING – Published times are leave times. DO NOT BE LATE. Click here for parking suggestions and bus loading map.
- FULL – 5:00 am – In front of the Ben Lomond Hotel on Washington Blvd and 25th Street. Full Marathon Buses are staged in the Northbound Direction.
- HALF – 5:30 am – In front of Key Bank and Marketstar on Washington Blvd and 25th Street. Half Marathon Buses are staged in the Southbound Direction.
- RELAY LEGS 1 & 2 – 5:00 am – You are loading with the Full Marathon Buses. Please see instructions for FULL above.
- RELAY LEGS 3 & 4 – 6:15 am – In front of the Ben Lomond Hotel on Washington Blvd and 25th Street. Buses are to be staged facing Northbound.
- RELAY LEG 5 – 8:00 am – In front of the Ben Lomond Hotel on Washington Blvd and 25th Street.
- ***Transportation for relay teams from their finish location is provided. You will be provided transportation to the finish area.
- 5K – 6:00 am – In front of the Junction located on 23rd Street and Kiesel Avenue. Buses will pick you up in front of the Salomon Center located by the Larry H Miller Megaplex and Sonora Grill.
- ***There is no transportation from the finish line to the 5K start. If you drive yourself to the 5K start, you’ll need to arrange to get yourself back there.
- RACES START – All races start at 7:00 am
- KIDSK – 12:30 pm – Amphitheater Entry Way on 25th Street and Kiesel. Registration opens at 9:30 am.
We are giving away 2 NordicTrack Treadmills at the NordicTrack Fun and Fitness Expo! Be sure to visit the GOAL Foundation/Marathon Retail Booth to put your name in the drawing! Also be sure to visit the Hurt In The Dirt booth for your chance to win a free entry into this year’s Hurt in the Dirt!
It is looking like we are going to have a great day Saturday! We’ll see you at the Expo!
“Get Out And Live!”